“They are slaves who dare not be In the right with two or three.” – Minoo Masani
An online repository of Indian liberal writings, indianliberals.in was launched in 2015. The intent of the Indian Liberals archive which presently hosts up to 50,000 digitized pages is to offer exhaustive and comprehensive resources on the liberal discourse in India by ensuring high diversity of content. Indian Liberals portal is a platform for consolidating and curating Indian liberal literature, to document, preserve and disseminate the robust strands on liberalist thinking that have marked Indian history.
Eligibility: Open to youth throughout India. You must be at least 18 years and no older than 30 years of age.
Last Date for Submitting Your Essays (via email): 15th May 2019
Registration fee: The is NO registration fee for this event.
Language: Essays should be written in English. You are welcome to write in your native language, but it must be translated into english for submission.
Where to submit: All entries should be mailed to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org before the last date (15th May)
Along with the essay, you are required to send a photograph and a brief bio.
You can choose any one of the following topics
- Diversity, Democracy, and Dissent
- Liberalism in India – Then and Now
- Encoding Privacy a Digital World
- A Liberal Constitution for India
- Manifesto for a Prosperous India
- Vigilantism, Nationalism and Techno-Nationalism
- Fourth Industrial Revolution – What it means for India?
- First Prize: INR 9,000
- Second Prize: INR 6,000
- Third Prize: INR 3,000
- Fourth and Fifth Prizes: INR 2,000
All the winners will receive a certificate of recognition from Centre for Civil Society.
- Essays must be no fewer than 700 and no more than 2000 words. Spelling errors will count against the final grades.
- Name your submission file as “firstname_ilessay2019”. Mail your photograph and brief profile along with the submission.
- Winning essays will be featured on our Indian Liberals website, alongside a brief profile and picture of the author.
- One entry per participant.
- All entries become the property of Centre for Civil Society and will not be returned.They may be reproduced on our website and/or shared with third parties for purposes of marketing.
- For any other queries, mail Hinan at email@example.com